Performances schedule coming soon
Coming soon – Promotions, Giveaways and more
The African Restaurant Week Festival celebrating local businesses and culture will take place on Saturday and Sunday August 26 and 27 at Mulberry Commons Park in Newark and will run from 12pm – 7pm on both days.
This event is brought to you in partnership with the Mayor Ras J. Baraka’s Office in the City of Newark, Director of International Relations Deputy Mayor Ligia de Freitas and the Newark City Parks Foundation, Inc and is being held in the Arts & Education District – the event aims to promote culture, small business and community cohesion.
- Food tastings by chefs from across the diaspora (Africa, Caribbean, African-American)
- Marketplace with local vendors/artisans – enjoy great deals, giveaways
- Top DJ spinning the best of Afrobeats, soca, Kompa, Amapiano, R&B and more
- Live performances – cultural performances, dancing, local talents
- Chef Contests, cooking demo
- Arts exhibition, live painting and more
The festival would provide an opportunity for local talents, small businesses, artisans to network and connect with the community.
“Join us in Newark, where the arts and culture flourish, as we come together to honor the traditions, talents, and heritage that make New Jersey a true melting pot of inspiration and community. Come enjoy the community, culture and support small business – Akin Akinsanya (Lead Organizer, African Restaurant Week Festival).
Chef Contest – (Taste & Vote) – Chef contest where attendees choose their favorite dish. A small cash prize would be awarded to the winning chef.
- Taste and vote would include a Jollof rice tasting contest – winner will win a cash prize of $250
- Best dish contest – winner will win a cash prize of $250.
To learn more please contact us at [email protected].