Press Release 2023
4th Edition of The AFRICAN POPUP FESTIVAL
Bringing Community, Culture & Small Business Together
(JULY 22 & 23) @ THE FLATBUSH-NOSTRAND JUNCTION, Brooklyn
Email: [email protected] Contact :Bukola
Click for General Event information
Performances schedule coming soon
Coming soon – Promotions, Giveaways and more
The African Popup Festival celebrating local businesses and culture will take place on Saturday and Sunday July 22 and 23 at Hillel Plaza on Flatbush/Nostrand Junction in Brooklyn and will run from 12pm – 7pm on both days.
This event is brought to you by ARW Agency (organizers of the African Restaurant Week), the Flatbush-Nostrand Business Improvement District (BID) and various other community organizations promoting culture, small business and community cohesion.
- Food tastings by chefs from across the diaspora (Africa, Caribbean, African-American)
- Marketplace with local vendors/artisans – enjoy great deals, giveaways
- Top DJ spinning the best of Afrobeats, soca, Kompa, Amapiano, R&B and more
- Live performances – cultural performances, dancing, local talents
- Chef Contests, cooking demo
- Arts exhibition, live painting and more
“The African Popup Festival is about creating a space where people can come together and experience the magic of music, art, and community. The festival is designed to inspire positive change and champion small business. ” – Akin Akinsanya (festival organizer)
The festival would provide an opportunity for local talents, small businesses, artisans to network and connect with the community.
Chef Contest – (Taste & Vote) – Chef contest where attendees choose their favorite dish. A small cash prize would be awarded to the winning chef.
- Taste and vote would include a Jollof rice tasting contest – winner will win a cash prize of $250
- Best dish contest – winner will win a cash prize of $250.
“Flatbush is a melting pot of diverse cultures, and our festival is a reflection of that. The Flatbush-Nostrand Junction BID is committed to continuing to support the growth and preservation of local culture and businesses through this event and other community initiatives.” – Kenneth Mbonu (President Flatbush-Nostrand Junction BID).
To learn more please contact us at [email protected].