Performances schedule coming soon
Coming soon – Promotions, Giveaways and more
The African Restaurant Week Food and Music Festival celebrating local businesses and culture will take place on Saturday and Sunday October 14 and 15 at City College (Convent Ave from 135th street to 140th street) in Harlem and will run from 12pm – 7pm on both days.
This event is part of various events celebrating our 10 year anniversary. The event aims to promote culture, small business and community cohesion.
- Food tastings by chefs from across the diaspora (Africa, Caribbean, African-American)
- Marketplace with local vendors/artisans – enjoy great deals, giveaways
- Top DJ spinning the best of Afrobeats, soca, Kompa, Amapiano, R&B and more
- Live performances – cultural performances, dancing, local talents
- Chef Contests, cooking demo
- Arts exhibition, live painting and more
The festival would provide an opportunity for local talents, small businesses, artisans to network and connect with the community.
“Join us in Harlem, where the arts and culture flourish, as we come together to honor the traditions, talents, and heritage that make Harlem a true melting pot of inspiration and community. Come enjoy the community, culture and support small business – Akin Akinsanya (Lead Organizer, African Restaurant Week Festival).
“WHDC is proud of bringing the NY African Food and Music Festival to West Harlem. The great collaboration between WHDC, African Restaurant Week, CCNY and their African Student groups, is sure to produce a wonderful culinary and cultural experience for our community…” said WHDC Executive Director Zead Ramadan.
Chef Contest – (Taste & Vote) – Chef contest where attendees choose their favorite dish. A small cash prize would be awarded to the winning chef.
- Taste and vote would include a Jollof rice tasting contest – winner will win a cash prize of $250
- Best dish contest – winner will win a cash prize of $250.
“We are excited this event is coming to West Harlem. We are looking forward to seeing you all”. Zead Ramadan (President, West Harlem Development Corporation).
- Frist 100 people to visit participating restaurants get a free food tasting ticket at Festival on October 14 and 15. (C0urtesy of West Harlem Development) Corporation.
- Restaurant-goers get a 20% discount on our online store.
To learn more please contact us at [email protected].