GENERAL VENDOR DETAILS
- Please BRING YOUR OWN TABLES – we will provide chairs
- Vendor spaces will be allocated by section ahead of time – please allow for slight modification in space allotment.
- Please bring your own tables.
- Location – Flatbush/Nostrand Junction
- Parking – Street parking
- 9am Arrival Time/Loading – the market will be ready for setup from 9am.
- Internet Connection – you will be responsible for your own internet connections
- Form of Payment – be prepared to accept multiple forms of payment, including cash and credit card.
- Be courteous and professional in your interactions with customers and event staff.
- All vendors are required to promote event to their friends and supporters via email, text and various social media channels.
FOOD VENDOR DETAILS
All Food Vendors Must have the following:
1a. Food Handlers Certificate
All Food vendors must have a Food Handlers Certificate to be allowed to serve food to the public. To obtain a Food handlers Certificate visit: https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/business/health-academy/food-protection-online-free.page
1b. Temporary Food Service Establishment Permit – All vendors must have a Temporary Food Service Establishment Permit from the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
2. Should have a clear flip open cover for chaffing dishes – see samples here
3. Have a menu clearly marked with prices
4. You must have a wash station – water bucket or something similar (see exact sample), wash cloth, soap, a bucket to catch the water.
5. Follow all food safety regulations, including proper food storage, preparation, and serving temperatures.
6.Have a clear plan for disposing of waste and keeping your vending area clean – come with your trash bags.
7. Obtain proper licenses and permits from your local health department.
8. Have adequate insurance coverage for your business
ALL VENDORSS ARE REQUIRED TO HELP PROMOTE – WE CAN ALL PROMOTE COMMUNITY, CULTURE AND SMALL BUSINESS.
- Please share event in your post and stories – sample here . Please use the hashtag #africanpopupfestival #africanrestaurantweek. Tag @africanrestaurantweek and @bk_reader
Text/Whatsapp Message (please text and share with whatsapp groups and friends) – See link to sample whatsapp message
Newsletter – Link to sample newsletter message
Facebook Events Page – Please share page with groups and friends.
We aims to promote culture and support our local entrepreneurs and businesses.