Community – Culture – Small Business
African Restaurant Week (ARW) brings together thousands and beyond on a “gastroafrique” culinary and cultural odyssey. (Food, Culture, Community) – an opportunity to come together to celebrate the food and culture of Africa/Diaspora and support the various local restaurants/small businesses.
ARW started in New York City in 2013 and is now a multi-city urban festival.
The week includes:
Restaurant – Special reduced price menus at participating restaurants (including Africa, African-American, Caribbean restaurants, restaurants selling cuisine by people of African descent). Click here
Food and Music festival – a 2-day festival bringing the community together. Chefs, caterers, local creators, vendors. A family friendly event celebrating community, culture and local businesses.
Cooking Classes – During the week we host virtual and in-person cooking classes to highlight various people working in the culinary field. Click here
OUR MISSION (Includes the below)
- Boosting the local economy by highlighting various small businesses (including restaurants, cafes, bars) and celebrating African/Diaspora cuisine and culture.
- Helping attract tourist, foodies by projecting your city as a local, national and global culinary and cultural attraction.
- Fighting hunger by partnering with local kitchens, restaurants and other organizations working to help alleviate this problem.
- Promoting healthy eating options with our chefs and various partners – and connecting the community to where these options are available.
- Fostering social good, building communal and cultural ties.
FEW PAST MEDIA MENTIONS
SCENES FROM PAST EVENTS
PICTURES FROM PAST EVENTS